Monday, July 29, 2013

Technique is...

Realizing anything can be great.
I love fine cuts of meat and seafood. They are so great to cook with. But the chef that takes the item that has nothing to do with gourmet cooking and makes something awesome is the one with technique. I am of course talking about Spam. OK wait! I see you trying to leave but hear me out.  Chef Jacob Burton of Stella Culinary said gourmet chefs go home and eat spam and eggs too.  Its not all lamb and steak. So the saltiness of the (you know what) actually plays nicely off of the hot carbon steel of the wok. It is surprisingly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...