Tuesday, August 6, 2024

I will

 I will carry you down this path, and through this night 21 days long. I will never tire and constantly be the strength when you need a little more to see the morning come. I will sit on the floor to watch every moment, knowing that I am here and there is nothing that could stop that.

It is the ship I go down with. It is the fight I never concede. From the very spark of the beginning, I knew who you were. In that, I found out who I was. I was born so much later than I was born, and it happened in a different way when you arrived. It happened again but like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon. 

There were some very dark days when I saw fear like I had never known. I was terrified I would never know what I have the privilege to know today. Today, you show me. You live by the very best that I ever wanted to be, and I know that I did not do it, you did. Yes, in some way, I am sure that I helped. But I always knew who you were and who you would be. I just did, and I cannot explain.


Will I carry you when you need me to? Will I sit with you during the dark hours talking and being there for you when you need me? Will I try to live in a way that shows you how much I love and appreciate you? In all the chaos that surrounds us now making focus difficult, the world spinning around us like a tornado, will I be holding on, always there when you need me?

I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...