Saturday, January 7, 2017

Pan Seared Filets - Treating yourself to something easy and amazing!

Forget all about those dumb filets they sell in the store with the bacon wrapped around them. They end up tasting like some sort of spamified meat product in the end. I found these tenderloin ends at the store for $9 a pound, whereas filets usually run $16 a pound. Butter and olive oil in the pan, got it hot, but not smoking. Seared about 5ish mins per side. Rested them for 15 mins after. While they were resting, deglazed the pan with Shaoxing Wine and made a dipping sauce. I have no words for what this does when the flavors come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...