Sunday, December 31, 2017

Chinese Dumplings are only getting better

For five years I have been making Chinese dumplings that most restaurants could never duplicate, but I have been using store bought dumpling wrappers. The natural evolution of cooking demanded that I  make the wrappers from scratch.  My experience with dough is like years ago when I really wanted to cook, but had no idea how things fit together in the food world. It seems weird to be there again with dough. It’s so picky but precise. Today was the 2nd time in a week we used homemade wrappers.







So another happy mistake happened. Market basket was out of ground pork so I had them bring up southern style pork ribs. This yielded some serious flavor on top of what was already happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...