Sunday, July 12, 2020

For Liam:

Thursday July 20, 2005

Tonight we ate dinner on the deck. I was eating crawfish, we had just told you that crawfish looked like little lobsters. You got this blank look on your face when you heard this until I told you that although they look like lobsters, they are different. A little while later you came back out onto the porch and pointed at the crawfish and told me,

“very dumb. Very dumb food. Very dumb whoppers!”

April 23, 2005

You have been able to say the letter F, but only if it was at the beginning of a word. So the word coffee was said like caukee. Tonight you started using F inside of a word.you said “coffee” I am going to miss “caukee”.

December 2006

During a serious bout of the flu, Liam and I were watching and old episode of the Incredible Hulk show from he 70’s. After the show was over you said, “Daddy when I grow up I want to be an incredible hook and throw bad guys into wedding cakes and water.

December 2006

You asked for the “Cannibal Dry Gingerale.”

You also stopped pronouncing “yellow” correctly. Before that, you used to say it like, “yel-yo”

January 2007

You asked why your Mom threw the towel onto your head instead of the hamster.

Tuesday Jan 9, 2007

Tonight you and I were down in the laundry room. You were fooling around with the dryer door and I told you that you were going to break it off.  You told me “just like Crodius who cut John the Baptiser’s head off with a platter which is a fancy plate.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...