Saturday, January 27, 2024

Its only a paper moon (AI edited version)

  "When you start to understand math and appreciate the genius of music, the path ahead becomes clearer and you start to see home in the distance. The journey may have been difficult, but it has also been enlightening. Looking around, I notice that people of all ages are relying on junk information, education, and sound bites to survive."

"As someone who has been alive for a long time, I have noticed that many people nowadays seem to have received a mediocre education that resembles that of a vending machine. This makes me wonder if the time spent at arcades on Friday nights back in 1982 had anything to do with it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed going to arcades just as much as everyone else did, but unlike most people, I had to work hard for every penny in my pocket. That's why I couldn't afford to spend all my money on arcade games. So, I'm curious, where did your sense of reason go?"

An old friend of mine asked me back in 1986, in South Texas, if we were alone. At the time, I took his question lightly but now I understand the gravity of it. The sound of an explosion played in reverse is similar to the ringing that I've been hearing. Today, the intensity of that sound is rising, and it feels like an earthquake that's about to engulf everything, just like in the song "A Day in the Life."

Today, I feel a sense of determination as I walk down Main Street. I am impressed by the sight around me, until I realize that everything I see is made of cardboard and wooden stakes. The sound bites that have been crudely spliced together are slowly becoming their truth. I believe someone needs to show them the reality of the situation, but we, as their mentors, are too distracted by technology to do so. This is where we must acknowledge our shortcomings and take responsibility for our actions. Hindsight is indeed 20/20, and it can be painful to reflect on past mistakes.

Photo by Lena Polishko on Unsplash

The method we choose for our children to attain education may seem crucial, but I have come to realize that it's quite the opposite. Our education system is broken, confused, misaligned, and impractical, except for a few remarkable exceptions that I am proud to call family. It's challenging to comprehend what it means to grow up in this era.

"It all comes back to the words my father said to my sister many years ago: 'It's the love.' Like the great prophet Christine McVie once said, 'Love Will Show Us How.' I hear you, Christine. Despite society's attempts to corrupt my children, they make the right decisions with strength and conviction when it truly matters."

"This can only imply that TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram creators have no real influence when compared to children who grew up surrounded by love and protection. Though you may believe you have achieved something, you have yet to prove your worth when it truly matters."

Note: I cannot help but try this out, not because I think AI can improve the written word, but because it can keep in check interpretations and I can learn from these.  It is fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...