Monday, July 29, 2024

Simple complexities of perspective

As I sit here with the Monday morning coffee I know there are many choices ahead this week. How deep will you invest every moment? How richly can you live? Being here now is a strange journey into surrealism. I know that when I put my ear to the track leading down to ancient lands, there were vibrations. I knew they were there.
Photo by Kulile M on Unsplash

It is hard in some ways to make things happen, on the other side I have such fight and an endless supply of energy in me, my days and nights can be filled with such richness. Distraction like time is a great predator and the one that I know. Scream! Go ahead scream! Do something that clears the debris from the path of travel!

Sensory variables find me stuck in 1971, 1976,1980, 1984. What is back there that holds the key to today? Below the surface there is a need to primally scream, to shake everything back into its proper seat. The time is here to kick it out. I have pulled over on a desolate road.  If I could see it, I would see it now., but I can see for miles and yet see nothing.

It is about this time that I wonder if my debris of yesterday, is the same debris I am raging inside to get cleared away from my path. It is laughable that there should be so much wisdom so far back, really. Sometimes you think you got it, when you really have nothing at all.

My friend and poetic storm of the north said at one time, "And the dealer wants you thinking that it's either black or white, thank God it's not that simple..." I dare say that it is and yet it is not. Herein lies the need for depth and commitment, and most of all, letting go of old ideas.

The puzzle gets solved when you simply change the viewpoint at which you are standing. The strife disappears as Jack writes the letters at the bottom of the page, tears them up into little pieces and allows them to make the sense they do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...