Sunday, June 21, 2026

The close call

 My sweet protector. 

From those belligerently throwing missiles at us for eons, 

you have came to the rescue. 

The turbulence in your heart is something that no one can resist. 

So angry, so strong, so unfathomable. 

You chose now to visit, here in my small moment of existence. 


All of those running, striving to get past you,

Think that they succeeded.

Then the reality takes hold.

They are stuck, in this one little spot in space

For as long as you are here.

You mock them and taunt them forever.

Those whose plans you have foiled are countless.

And here you are, in the late spring sky. 

Our great protector.

You were placed there by powerful hands.

And this has reminded me nightly.

There is so much more happening than what we see daily.

I should be so thankful for you, 

Our dear Jupiter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Over It

When it comes to cooking, as with so many other things in life, I naturally fall into a comfort groove. Then I get stuck. Sometimes the groo...