Monday, November 20, 2023

There is a war...Part 4

 I find that there is always more to the end of the line, the walls, the fences, and the barriers.  We live inside them and they are forever telling us, "No".  But, what if I say yes?  There is always one more swing, one more push, I scream, reaching inside and pushing some more.  No matter the pain, the fatigue, the cold, and the wind.  


There is more to taste, more to see and hear and play.  When it feels like we cannot go on, that is when we throw everything we have at it, because no, just no.

I find inspiration in a simple conversation with my son.  He does not know that his taking things on to keep from having time to be idle, has more value than he will know until many years from now.  It means, inside he knows that it is all up to him.  This day is because of him and not merely happening to him.

From a great distance, there is an odd point of light, that I am doing everything I can do to not look at it, because I worry that attention makes it real. From another distance a voice from long ago is heard, fire-tested in the pathetic world that we have been subjected to in the last 30 years.  The gap in time comes with the automatic understanding that nothing is the same, we walked into this building as citizens with individual agendas, and now, we are all just fighting for our lives.  If you have any brain at all, you know that the priority is just to survive and to do that quietly.

Settling is not an option, the fight gets more intense.  It is really the only thing that can make me move forward. The key seems to be the wins.  These must be scheduled along the way and they have a direct connection to the destination.

One thing is for sure, as more milestones are achieved, the road, its debris, scars, and accesses rise into view.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...