Thursday, November 30, 2023

Breaking the barriers

 One of the biggest challenges is seeing a day through the eyes of someone else.  I do not mean when we try to see it from the other person's perspective, but in the flow of life, of deadlines and struggle. It can feel like capability to do so leaves us or at least becomes harder to attain.

As I look back on hills climbed and those I have climbed with, I can see that a good dose of perspective could have made a better day.  What are the possibilities? It is the wisdom of respect that stands out as the finest of efforts that could ever be made.


I am not focusing on regret here, I am actually giving it enough attention to keep this in mind going forward.  The memories created, the bonds made, the opportunity for learning explodes exponentially. The coffee, the song, the architecture, the sunrise, the landscape, the day, can be so much more, if I leave my limited and familiar view of them aside and look at them from your side.

We all show the focus we have even upon the smallest things.  Isn't it interesting that our perspective is best shared by quietly appreciating that of others? In turn we share ours in an enlightening way. Naturally.

November ends.  It is easy to continue to spiral into focus of November brownness, that feeling that spring lies 4 years down the road. Today however, I refuse to play. There is so much to do.  The best of it is the realization that I have the opportunity to see things through your eyes, not just when it is convenient for me to do so, but in any and as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...