Saturday, February 10, 2024

What it is ain't exactly clear

 It's an empty thing. There are so many words and then there are none.  Suddenly there are too many. I am broken and yet I am not. The day begins just like any other, and before I know it, the day catches me up in my own cosmic version of Dusty Springfield's For What It's Worth. 


Some people show unconditionally how important people in their lives are to them. Other people take for granted all of the wonderful things that they have.  Some people do not have good people. I can clearly see that I can feel sad for all three of these.

As the day progresses, problems arise, and we and together to work them out.  They fight, resist, and make it seem like defeat is imminent.  But I know better. I don't like to lose. The problem is this though, when I am weak, the OP4 is launching still yet another assault from the other side. I dig my fingers into the hull and in a low voice declare, that this will still comply.

Another visitor arrives and says things are not what they seem and that there is a sad truth to the news. This stops me. I want to cry and to scream and to get more angry than I have ever known. Anger is my strength, it is what has kept me alive all of this time. But here, although anger is an expected emotion, it cannot do anything. 

In my helplessness, I concede to the label that I am one of those who take it for granted. I am nothing. The twister that is ripping through the day continues its spin, but I tell me, sons, we fall no more today. We win. With defiance I stand again, cold and wet, with absolute certainty we will win.  Through it all we will stick together, working with focus and making this a better day, somehow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...