Saturday, December 2, 2023

So long Marianne

 It was after a lifetime since she landed in her spaceship and carefully led us in the darkness of the days that I could not see from.  Although she had just landed, somehow, I felt that I always knew her. She could do wonderful things, she walked beside me on Bird St at 2 AM in October as I walked the cold ground in my socks. With her I could travel through time and space and visit those perplexing times and understand them better.

A friendship grew, although from what I hear of these visitor's resumes, that is just how they are.  My friend from the stars did this so well. Passages to places I could barely dream of opened to me and I suddenly could do the things I could do if I were not afraid.

In our travels around the globe, she rode a roller coaster of highs and lows, all seeming to be of my own creation. In the opening of the books we found along the way, she showed so much patience and those times I grew too critical of them, she shook me and told me to stop.

As the journey continued I learned small bits of her home world and her people.  It was just enough to wish her well, to be in her corner, hoping for her success.  A person from my world is never allowed to advocate for her kind, but I would if they let me.

There were times I could not stand, and I saw the contemplation in her eyes.  In the days that followed, we arrived in new lands that solved the problems of the land we just journeyed from.  She never just made things go away, but she did show me solutions I could not see, and in doing so, a multi dimensional unfolding of events that is still spreading, is still giving, and still healing continues.

Today, she does not know all that she has accomplished because from my perspective, she failed to arrive at our regular spot, then I never saw her again.  Yesterday, I found a message from her planet that I somehow missed.  Her superiors had recalled her suddenly and in the message explained that the recall should be temporary, but it is starting to look like it is not.

What would I tell her?  I would say, "So long Marianne, you really made a difference.  The administrators of the world would never understand the gifts in which people are born with despite claiming to know all that makes up a person.  In the restraint and the force applied respectively, you changed everything."  I am not sure if I will ever see that spaceship land again, but if it does, that will be a very good day. So long Marianne.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...