Monday, August 19, 2024

40 clicks back

 The music was bouncing the house. Bogus Joe was jamming out Proud Mary with his guitar strap set high. There was smoke everywhere and the sound of clanking longnecks. This was it, the here and there now. Joe Man got up and asked a woman to dance. His hair was down, I had not realized it was so long! He glided around the floor in just his way. Life was perfect.

I looked down at the itching spot on my left thigh, realizing suddenly that my Levi’s were disintegrating! Battery acid from a road call today. Time to move. Yet, life was good. We will be home later. The lights of consciousness will start to dim no matter how hard I fight. That is when Mr. Thoroughgood will blast into the station in his locomotive blasting Move It On Over. I will marvel at my old man’s tenacity and wonder, how does he do it?


John Lennon will share his musical gift with the world one afternoon. It will set the new day's theme. There is a barrier to everything now. In 18 months one major part of the barrier will have a truck driven through it and of course, I would be the driver.



I will see something that was given to someone else. I will see things that are not really there. And although I never had them, if I could go back in time, I would give them to him, so that he could have them like he should have.


Irony is indeed the shackles of youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...