Sunday, August 18, 2024

Then and Now

 Overpriced food. Musty smell in your dreams. Solving problems that never get solved. Never knowing what to dream about. What is life? There is a void. A painting of nothing but colors running together but having no color at all. 



https://unsplash.com/@pontebernardo


As I scroll through the offerings, I find disinterest and distaste. It makes me wonder where is the quest and desire for something creative and interesting. Years of numbing instinctive enthusiasm to be the most indifferent person on earth has come to fruition. Isn’t this what you always wanted?


Math. Like everything else, is changing. Some would say that you are no longer smart enough to decide, so we will make choices for you.  For me, that is ok, because accidentally you have answered my questions.


I sat at a timeless table listening to old music and saw threads weaving back and forth across the sky. They were tightly pulled in each direction and were everywhere like telegraph lines. Entire lives danced upon them and I realized the one of the treads was connected to me in Londonderry Vermont and the other end was tied to the chair in a bar where 18 year old me sat one Saturday night in South Texas. I could not say a thing. Not a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...