Saturday, July 15, 2023

The art of letting go




It is a far greater thing to truly find where it goes than to hold on tight to everything you think you have acquired. I feel like it is a broken record of words that we hear on the radio, that we sing in the car, that we wake up and realize. Something so obvious, yet something so obscure. 


I saw the sun setting behind me and I stopped trying to steer everything. The world did not stop, it did not fall, and not only that but it flourished and thrived. The sun rose and I watched, and things grew, in ways that I never experienced exactly. I could see myself in the reflections, and I know that somehow, even when I was doing everything and thinking that I was not paying attention, I was on a deeper level.


When I find that this discovery means so much to me, I find that it means so much to them too. Ultimately the mission we are given is to make ourselves obsolete and I guess that is happening. I am overwhelmed with gratitude, pride, and love. It has been such a beautiful thing to watch and to live. On sunny days, in thunderstorms, and in rising waters, my sons not only know what to do, but they show others the way. There is no finer thing. 


I am starting to see that this means new hills await to be climbed. I never thought I could contemplate these, but here I am. Now, all those who pass by me on the trail, I want to know about. I know that I can learn from them and the possibilities are limitless. Letting go is not easy, but I keep finding all the gifts that my children have. Letting go is not really letting go. It is listening. It is respect. It is acknowledgment, it is love.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...