Wednesday, July 26, 2023

The perimeter

 My sense of it is as sharp as a razor's edge.  It has so many levels and sections to it.  The perimeter is an outer barrier that separates the in from the out, the safe from the danger, the simple from the complex, the loud from the soft.

https://www.vecteezy.com/free-photos  Free Stock photos by Vecteezy

My life has been a nonstop building of this fortification and then sculpting it to make it even more reasonable.  Some walk through a gauntlet of deadly snakes, virtually sporting awareness-canceling earbuds,  never knowing that they smell like a sweet roast beef of prey passing through the valley. 

Perimeters define what is necessary and what does not need to be. Why is this all so clear to me? I have heard that the fastest way to learn who you are is to think about who you are not. In doing this, the clarity of the perimeter is defined.

I am not sure why I am stuck on this nebulous line as if I am staring at the perimeter itself. In these days, everything seems to get put into a predetermined defined package, gets labeled and that’s it. How boring.

As a person who has lived life waking up never knowing where I would be when the sun sets, I feel indifference for the symbolism over substance that is the norm now. 

Sometimes I feel it is me fighting getting older, and I reflect on all that I still want to do while finding that just setting basic goals requires more than it has in the past.

Eighteen years ago, RA set into my life. It redefined the way I do things. It has been proof that I still can do things, and that I just have to approach them differently.

Like the smoke in the sky that has become all too familiar this year, there is a haze. I work each day to see the things that really are there. The perimeter, whether it is safety, knowledge, adventure, or prudence, it is there and I know it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...