Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Slow dancing in Panic Season

 The season of panic stalks me with its outward and blatant threats, and it is those that it pretends are not there that concern me.  I find myself dealing with the obvious ones, those that can be seen, but below the counter, I fortify my hands to deal with all of the others.  I remember that the only answer is to jump, nothing else works. You do not have to be my age to know this, well, unless you are me.

In the dawn of a new day, I know the urgency, and yet feel restrained to do anything about it. We are just out here walking the razor edge, trying not to fall into inaction, into notice, into line for something that we know is there and know is no good.

As the light of day shines on the land around I can see how threatening everything is. Traps exist as far as the eyes can see. Hazards lie under the eves if we make too much noise.  Suddenly a great distraction off in the distance.  It separates lives with a line not before seen. It happens so quickly that again, you cannot act surprised.  Shut up and stay quiet.

There is power in visually focusing on the trivial things in life.  To take the order and seemingly swallow the pills they hand out with no thought about it whatsoever. Let the shallow just keep walking.  

So there it is.  I am not apathetic, I am so aware of what really lies outside now. This is me, keeping my calm, keeping my head, and eyes wide open, slow dancing in Panic Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...