Friday, December 29, 2023

Full circle

 I could never help the impulse that I need to do something.  From the moment you stood on your feet, I wanted to give you an edge that made it so you couldn't possibly fall. For all of the disappointments I have known as a child, as an adult I worked hard to steer a ship that was unsteerable to ensure you did not see those disappointments too.

It was probably the joy I saw in your eyes when you were excited and engaged, that brought me higher than any feeling I have ever known.  Doing so, I rushed to get through the mundane tasks, so that we could move onto the adventure. I was blind to the power of working on the basic things together. Thankfully, children are so much more amazing than we ever could have imagined.

All of my children never stop surprising me.  The things that they learned, the things they remember, and the principles that are hard-coded into who they are, I am in awe. I remember taking one very small part of something from my father's work experience and turning that into an actual position for the employer I worked for in the late eighties.  Now I see my kids doing the same.  In their early years, it was laying the foundation of what would be important in their lives, for me I was just swimming as hard as I could to not sink.  Never did I think anything so beneficial would come from any of it.

Today I am speechless because of all of them, and I do not have the words good enough to say how much I really appreciate them, how amazed I am at the people they are, and how they manage all they do.  I have what really matters, and could not be more grateful any more than I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...