Friday, December 29, 2023

The words without a story

 Empathic technology: words spoken by a woman named Poppy Crum. I had the privilege of attending a keynote speech she gave in Nashville several years ago.  She skillfully explained that technology can now read the hundreds of signals humans are putting out at any given moment.  Advertising is now targeted like a smart missile to offer that which speaks to us individually.  We do not stand a chance because this is clearly not your 1970s Alka Seltzer commercial.

When you add current AI (artificial intelligence) to the mix and signed waivers for DNA laboratory vendors to do whatever they want with those tests people lined up for in 2020, we have the makings of a best seller. I digress.

I have been writing since I was 13.  A few years into the journey, I developed the ability to write in a very abstract manner. Yes, I wanted to be all cool and artistic, and the other side of that was, I did not have the guts to just come out and say what I wanted to say. Smoke and mirrors made it complicated and made me feel intelligent. The greatest find was the one I did not even know about.

Just like empathic technology, abstract writing does not leave the reader stumbling around in the smoky forest finding nothing familiar.  It actually meets the reader's unique experience without knowing it.  Only because of words, the reader and writer provide emotional support for each other, converging on a common space that the laws of physics cannot account for.

There is treasure found in collaboration, the differences in how we all see things become the strengths when mutually trusted and appreciated.  What would A Day in the Life be if only one person wrote it?

 

Reference: Poppy Crum



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...