Saturday, June 10, 2023

The dynamics of knowing


 When you know, you cannot know where each minute hour or day can lead. I climb into the cockpit ready for the mission. Those I care about also set out on their journeys. Yes, I could stay on task, but then all I have assimilated in the past decades would mean so much less. The smart thing to do is to let them do as much of it as I possibly can, yet push like mad to get them started. Who cares what it looks like on the accomplishments at the end of the day. It is a rich life, and you know it.  It is one that reaches so far beyond what I did today. These words I need to remember.

As I contemplate this, I think back to the spring of 85. Joe Jackson, the restraint you had to maintain to just not do things for me up to the point where you could not take it anymore and just did some things, still yet, not all for me was incredible. Sometimes I am surprised at how you are still contributing to our relationship and in turn to me. 

Sometimes I lament over how much I do not get done in the endless list of things I need to do. I need to remember that the things that derail me from really getting those done are far more important. They are the things that allow me to still be learning something from my own father nearly 40 years after it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Firstborn Awakening

 You could never know the life you made, the definition you brought, and the love you showed me that can exist in one person's heart. I ...